LEADERSHIP Camden County
LEADERSHIP Camden County is an approach to community leadership development intended to enhance the social and economic well-being of Camden County by developing an active group of effective leaders
- Enhance the leadership skills of participants to improve Camden County’s future.
- Familiarize participants with the community’s opportunities, needs, problems, and resources.
- Identify and analyze current economic, political and social forces affecting the community’s future.
- Establish effective peer relationships among participants.
- Provide a common ground for communications between participants and community leaders.
- Educate participants on how to move people and ideas to action.
Members of the community who are interested in realizing their leadership potential. Each participant in this program is both a learner and a teacher and is expected to share his or her knowledge and expertise with the group. LEADERSHIP Camden County aims to provide an active, hands-on learning experience.
Tuition for LEADERSHIP Camden County is $395 per participant. This covers class material, polo shirt, breakfasts and lunches associated with each session, and the graduation banquet in May. Class size will be limited to a maximum of 30 participants to foster group interaction and create the best learning environment possible.
Ten day-long sessions will be held beginning in September 2016 and ending in May 2017. To graduate, attendance is required for the September orientation session and at least seven of the nine remaining sessions. With the exception of the third session, sessions will be held on the first Wednesday of the month from 8 AM to 4:30 PM—see below: Graduation will be held on Thursday evening, May 4, 2017.
LEADERSHIP Camden County will address the following topics:
- September 7, 2016 Orientation & Team Building
- October 5, 2016 Leadership Dynamics
- October 19, 2016 Tour of Camden County
- November 2, 2016 Infrastructure
- December 7, 2016 Economy & Workforce
- January 4, 2017 Health & Education
- February 1, 2017 Law & Order
- March1, 2017 State Government
- March 22, 2017 Snow Date (If Needed)
- April 5, 2017 Natural Resources
- May 3, 2017 Active Leadership
- May 4, 2017 Graduation Banquet
Applications must be returned by August 15, 2016.
For more information contact the Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce at 573-346-2227 or tcreach@camdentonchamber. Or contact University of Missouri Extension at 573-346-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is sponsored by the Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce and University of Missouri Extension of Camden County.
Leadership Camden County Alumni
Past LEADERSHIP Camden County Graduates!